- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Apple Valley Veterinarians in the Plantsville section of Southington, Connecticut offers veterinary care and pet wellness exams.
Preventative veterinary care and pet wellness exams help maintain the health of a beloved pet by preventing illnesses, treating sickness in early stages, and by helping pet owners to avoid expensive emergency care. We want to help pets live longer and healthier lives.
A wide range of preventative services is available to address the health needs of pets young and old. Expert treatment and monitoring of dogs and cats are available at Apple Valley Veterinarians.
1) Dietary recommendations after assessment of age and body condition.
2) Behavioral recommendations/referrals to ensure that your pet is a respectful and respected family member.
3) Dental care because tooth and gum disease are important sources of discomfort and pain and represent a portal of infection to the rest of the body.
4) Parasite control for the benefit of the pet and sometimes human family members as well.
5) Routine Laboratory tests to establish a baseline of normal values for your pet and increase sensitivity to deviations from normal values.
6) Vaccinations for the prevention of specific serious and deadly diseases that affect pets and in some cases, humans.
7) Microchipping to identify your pet and reunite you should they become lost.
All of these services are used to maintain a pet’s health and well-being.
Pet insurance is an additional option many pet owners take advantage of to maintain their pet’s health and make treatment affordable. However, it is important to remember that pet insurance is most affordable when it is purchased at the time that your pet is young and healthy. Discuss additional details about pet insurance with the team at Apple Valley Vets.
Responsible pet owners choose to schedule regular pet wellness exams, vaccinations, and dental care services as part of the general care they provide for their pet. These services promote a pet’s optimal health and help pets and their owners avoid serious health conditions. Addressing conditions and illness at the initial stage of development often equates to improved outcomes and shorter recovery periods. Speak with your veterinarian at Apple Valley Veterinarians to discuss the preventative care services your pet may need today.
A pet wellness exam is used to monitor the health of a family pet. Dr. Freiman and Dr. Rothstein review your cat or dog’s development and address early signs of a health issue before it becomes a significant problem. A pet wellness exam focuses on the health and condition of a pet’s coat, skin, eyes, and ears. A veterinarian will also examine the health of a pet’s teeth and gums, abdomen, heart, and lungs and discuss any issues of abnormal body condition such as obesity. A pet owner has the opportunity to discuss concerns and learn more about how to improve their pet’s health at regular pet wellness exams.
Pet owners looking for individualized pet care for their companion pets turn to their Apply Valley Veterinarians in Plantsville, Connecticut for expert and compassionate care. The team is dedicated to keeping pets healthy and helping them makes an optimal recovery from injury or illness. Contact Apple Valley Veterinarians at (860) 615-4040 to schedule an appointment for a pet wellness care exam or preventative care service today.